Saturday 5 October 2019

Normalising Breastfeeding

 
 I am a breastfeeding Mumma and there makes me nothing prouder than my body being able to nourish my precious daughter and to cater to her every need. I think that breastfeeding is magical and the bond that it creates between Mumma and bubba is truly amazing. I think that every mum should try to breastfeed their little one unless there is a medical reason because of the many benefits that it brings. PS, I'm not mummy shaming for the mothers that haven't tried it as every one has their own preference on how they want to feed their baby.

   Recently companies like Adidas and Aldi have advertised women breastfeeding, I must say I think this is incredible as companies seem to now be jumping on the band wagon for all of us breastfeeding Mumma's and are showing the world that its a normal and such a natural thing. Why should we have to hide us feeding our baby. Everyone has to eat, so do breastfeeding babies.
 
   A biggie for a lot of mothers is feeding in public and around even family members, Its such a shame that in this day and age a lot of us are being shamed for feeding our children out in the public eye. But why can't we, again our babies need to eat. If someone can sit in public and eat something then why can't our baby eat, its just the same isn't it.

   I personally, at first, did feel a little strange feeding my baby in front of others. I used to constantly think to myself, am I making people feel uncomfortable and I used to worry about what others thought. However, luckily for me, I got over this pretty quickly. I even feed Raven on a bench in the middle of a busy shopping centre. But I do not care anymore, I'm not going too starve my child for the sake of someone else feeling uncomfortable or on their opinion.

   I get very mixed looks from people when I feed  my bubba in public but I just look back and smile to whatever their opinion may be. I have had people smiling at me for being such a confident breastfeeding Mumma and I've also had some horrible looks but I don't care. My baby will always come first.

   I know that some of you may be thinking that, it isn't always that easy to just be carefree about this subject and feeding your little one out and about. But its okay, just think about what your little one needs. You will also never probably see these people that have looked at you in a nasty way ever again, so please don't worry Mumma's. Be strong and do it for all of us breastfeeding mummy's. I send you all of my love and support.

   PS, If you want a super inspirational breastfeeding Facebook group then I highly recommend joining: Milky Mommas (Breastfeeding / Lactation / Human Milk Feeding Support). The support here is amazing and nothing will make you feel better than knowing that there are many of us out there.

Ta Ta
V xx

No comments:

Post a Comment